Monday, January 14, 2008

Falling Short

I made a pack with a friend to go through the bible in a year and blog about our experiences. I have to say, to this point, I have kept one day so far. I feel bad, not that I am not keeping up with the plan, but that I am robbing myself of such rich knowledge and wisdom that comes along with reading God's word. To spend time in the word of God is like having him sit next to you and whisper into your ear.

Our community has a blog, and one of the questions that was brought up was, what can you do to hear God better ( I am paraphrasing ). I would say spend more time with Him. If you are unfamiliar with someones voice and they tell you something you are not likely to listen. If your father asks you to do something, It could just be a whisper, you would be all over it. I think that is where spending the time in the presence of God can come in handy. Pray for me that I might get the strength to start back up again reading and get something out of it.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm praying for you brother. You'll be blessed!