Friday, December 21, 2007

Golden Compass

I may take some heat for this post, but that is the way it goes, right. There has been a lot of hype about this movie, and the fact that we as Christians should not go see this movie, and tell our non Christan friends not to see it as well. I felt the need to see the move to educate myself and if the opportunity presented its self, and I was able to encounter a person that was not a Christ follower we might have some common ground to work on. I believe that is what we are called to do, build relationships and allow God and the spirit to do the rest.

I went to see this movie for the same reason that I went to see the Da Vinci Code. To get more knowledge. I am not going to go into whether or not I liked it, or whether of not you should allow your children to go see it. You need to make that call. I am responsible for 10 children and felt the need to preview the movie for myself. Am I going to allow my children to go see the movie, most likely not. I have children that that rage from 5 to 16 1/2. The older children that are more grounded in their faith I might, but for the most part, I am going to say no.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for being an example of what it means to be a culturally relevant christian. awesome. i have not seen the movie yet, but have heard the criticism. just one question, did you like it more than fairydust, i mean, stardust?

Scott said...

I have not read the books, and it wasn't until half way through the movie that I was told the "significance" of the hubub surrounding the movie. For one, I didn't see anything like it in the movie. I can definitely see it now, but to me it was just a movie (like every movie I see)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.