Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back in the saddle again!!!!

So it's been a while. A lot has happened and I have even been publicly admonished and even removed by others, but a great relief has been removed from my shoulders. My wife and I have decided to adopt 4 children that we have had in our care for over 2 1/2 years. We made this decision back in January, but could not tell the children till last weekend. What a difficult time. The children were shocked at first. It took them about 10 minutes to realize what was going to be happening. Then the questions were flying. It was great!

We are scheduled to leave our current house parenting role on the 3rd of Aug. This is a great loss, because of the children we are leaving behind. There are 4 children that we have grown very attached to and will have to say goodbye to. It is a loss financially as well. Another blog entirely. I say thank you to all that prayed and all that stayed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are back blogging, cause I NEVER see you!!! jk. I am glad, seriously, that you are able to make this leap. You're my hero! I'll help you move, as long as there is cold pizza and warm beer...I mean warm pizza and cold beer.

Jaime said...

it sounds like exciting times! We will be praying for you.

And ok, I will add you back on. It just was soooo long of watching the collage of guys.

Angie said...

It's good to have you back and congratulations on the great news.