Thursday, July 5, 2007

Party Time

My peeps rock. My family went to 4th of July party with a bunch of friends. There was swim'n, cook'n, obstacle race, baptism, horseshoes, and night movie for the kids on the wall. What a great time. I played the owner of the shoes and think I got the raw deal when I lost in the first round 11 to 6. not much of a game.



I was privileged to be able to baptize one of my children. Joleen had come to my wife and I and asked about being baptized, so we explained that it was just an outward commitment of what is going on inside. My pastor and good friend Josh asked if I wanted to do the baptism. I was honored, but it was not my decision. I left it up to Joleen to make that decision, either the pastor or me. When we got to the party, Joleen asked if I would do it. I told her I would be honored and that yes I would. When the time came we both went into the pool. I was so scared, but I was so excited for her that I did not back down. It all happened so fast, but she was so happy afterwards.



This morning I asked her how it felt to be baptized, and she said," not really any different." That was good to hear. I am glad that she does not expect things to change right away. I will talk to her about "life after the plunge." What am I going to say, something along the lines of, " keep up what you were doing before and you will do great!"

5 comments:

Scott said...

Personally I think you did an awesome job! Just don't give her the same "pep" talk you gave me about life after "the plunge." :-P

Travis Hart said...

You didn't like that pep talk Scott? I only speek from personal experience man.

Scott said...

Hehehe, it's not that I didn't enjoy it. Just a little scary...big bald guy telling me my world is gonna turn upside down. :-P But I know that big bald guy is a pretty big softy. lol

Anonymous said...

fair enough

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.