Friday, July 13, 2007

Harry Potter

Last night I went to the new Harry Potter movie. I enjoyed myself a great deal. I thought the did they did a great job keeping your interest. This is the 5th movie and all have been worth watching. I found myself at the end of this most recent thinking, now I have to wait another year for the next one. I have not read one book, so I haven't been disappointed. After seeing this last movie I might have to go out and get the next one in the series.

We are doing a series at our church about God in the movies and this movie came up as one of the possibilities for a sermon. After much deliberation it was decided that Harry Potter comes with too much controversy and a friend of mine said that the author of these books has a doctorate in mysticism. I did not know you could get a doctorate in that. Who knew. Anyway, I though the movie was good entertainment and I enjoyed myself.

No comments: